ARE Lending Library
AIA Mid-Missouri encourages and supports our local intern architects in their quest to become licensed professionals. We have established an ARE Lending Library of study materials to help those preparing for the written licensing exams.
Interns may "buy-in" to the ARE Lending Library for a one time fee of $150.00. This fee is small compared to the cost of purchasing all of the materials and enables the Library to "update" and "add" to the list of resources as needed. A deposit is then paid when checking out library resources, and is refunded when the student returns the materials in good condition. Membership in the Lending Library provides access to a varied resource of study guides, flash cards, practice exams and other resources including (but not limited to) the following:
- Understanding Structures by Fuller Moore
- Notes on Long Span Structures by David Thaddeus, College of Architecture, University of N. Carolina
- Seminar on General And Lateral Forces, Architectural Registration Exam, by David Thaddeus, College of Architecture, University of N. Carolina, (Binder of personal notes by Marty Snyder)
- Architectural License Seminars - Study CDs
- Norman Dorf Solutions Manual
- Marc Mitalski's General Structures and Lateral Forces seminar coursework
- PPI/Ballast ARE Review Manual
- Periodic updates as determined by the Lending Library members
The AIA Mid-Missouri Lending Library is currently housed at Simon Oswald Architects; contact Robbie Price for more information. Lending Library rules and policies may be found here.