Professional Affiliate Membership
Professional Affiliate Membership aims to promote communication among all who participate in the design and construction of the built environment. Professional Affiliate Membership includes individuals for whom membership in the American Institute of Architects is not otherwise available. Those who do not hold a degree in architecture but share a common interest as a professional colleague or enthusiast are welcome to join AIA Mid-Missouri as a member with specific privileges and opportunities. Professional Affiliate Membership is designed to build and strengthen alliances and promote understanding among all members of the design/construction team.
As a Professional Affiliate Member you share many of AIA Mid-Missouri's Chapter benefits. Affiliates may attend Chapter meetings, member-only events and serve on the Chapter's various committees. You will have access to our members, be featured on our web site with a logo and listing in the Professional Affiliate Membership Directory, and your company's news and events may published in our AIA Mid-Missouri Newsletter.
Individual Member: $250 annual dues
- Use of the title "Professional Affiliate Member of AIA Mid-Missouri"
- Subscription to the AIA Mid-Missouri Newsletter
- Membership announced in the AIA Mid-Missouri Newsletter
- Attendance at all AIA Mid-Missouri Chapter meetings, social gatherings and member-only events
- Opportunity to serve on AIA Mid-Missouri Chapter committees
- Listing in the Professional Affiliate Member Directory on the AIA Mid-Missouri website
Firm Membership: $500 annual dues
- Individual Member Privileges for up to 3 company employees, plus
- Listing with company logo linked to your website in the Professional Affiliate Member Directory on the AIA Mid-Missouri website
- Member Spotlight article in one (1) issue of our Newsletter
- Company news and events published in our Newsletters (2 insertions/year)
- One-time per year use of AIA Mid-Missouri mailing list for email blast
- Lunch & Learn exclusives
Member Benefits - Detail
Chapter Newsletter Semi-monthly e-newsletter sent to all members highlighting Chapter news,
events, programs and schedules.
Chapter Committees Affiliate members may serve on Chapter committees in an advisory capacity.
Directory Listing Each Affiliate member is recognized on AIA Mid-Missouri's website in the Professional Affiliate Member Directory with contact information. Firm membership listings include your logo with a direct link to your website from aiamid-missouri.com
Company News/Events Affiliates are allowed to publish news about their firm or upcoming events in the AIA Mid-Missouri Newsletter.
Spotlight Article An opportunity to publish your firm's profile detailing the products you represent and the services you perform.
AIA Mid-Missouri Email Blast Access to AIA Mid-Missouri's member email listing for a directed announcement or offer.
Affiliate Member Rights & Privileges The AIA Mid-Missouri Bylaws spell out specific rights and privileges for each type of member, including Professional Affiliate members. A summary of these rights & privileges are as follows:
Professional Affiliate Members in good standing ...
- May serve as a member of any committee of AIA Mid-Missouri
- May attend and speak but may not make motions nor vote at any meeting, except on dues and assessments for professional affiliates
- Shall not be eligible to serve as an officer or director or to chair a committee
- Affiliates may use the term "Professional Affiliate of AIA Mid-Missouri," but may not use the initials AIA nor the phrase the American Institute of Architects alone or otherwise, nor the seal, symbol or insignia of this Component or the Institute.
Affiliate Member Application
The Professional Affiliate Membership Application
packet can be downloaded as a PDF file. Please complete the appropriate application form and return
AIA Mid-Missouri, PO Box 1622, Columbia, MO 65205-1622